As a student you get free $100 Azure credits and over 25 Azure services for free. How do you redeem this benefit using an Azure verification code?
Creating an Azure subscription is a three-step process.
- Create a new outlook.com email account (skip this step if you already have an outlook account)
- Redeem your Verification Code
- Activate your subscription
- Open a new In-Private Browser session and navigate to https://signup.live.com and create a new Outlook.com email account
- Add in the email address you would like to use - if the username is not available Microsoft will offer several suggestions
- Create a new password for the account
- Add in your full name.
- Add in your country/region and date of birth and validate using Captcha
- The account will be created
- Scroll down and select “open outlook.com”
- Open a new In-Private Browser session and navigate to: http://aka.ms/azure4students
It is recommended you close all browsers and open a new In-Private Browser
session. Other logins can persist and cause errors during the activation step.
- Click the Start Free button to get started.
- Enter your account login information and select “Next”.
- Verify your identity with a phone number
- Select verification method by Verification Code. Enter your 25-character verification code and click “Verify Academic Status”.
- It may take up to 5 minutes to process the redemption.
- When the redemption process is completed, it will redirect to the sign-up page.
- Enter your account information and click the agreement check box and click the Sign-up button.
- It may take a few minutes to process the request. Once done, take a minute to give feedback on the process.
- Your Azure subscription is ready
- You can check the balance of your Azure Pass Credits